Founded in 2004 by Fred Luddy, ServiceNow (Service-now in 2011) is an American software company based in Santa Clara, California. ServiceNow provides enterprise cloud computing solutions that define, structure, consolidate, manage, and automate services for enterprises worldwide through its workflow automation, electronic service catalogs and portals.
ServiceNow facilitates the management of digital workflows for enterprises by providing service management and help desk functions through its platform-as-a-service offerings, automating such functions as customer service, human resources, security operations, and integrated risk management.
ServiceNow customers can extend its rich workflow capabilities to any connector in the braXos Steward connector library by utilizing braXos Steward and the braXos Steward REST Connector. ServiceNow workflows can then deliver enterprise data into other systems through Steward (such as access control systems), and similarly have systems otherwise inaccessible to ServiceNow deliver data into it.
An example use case of ServiceNow integration is the automation of COVID-19 return-to-work procedures. By utilizing both ServiceNow and Steward, organizations can automatically enforce compliance:
- Nightly, braXos Steward disables all relevant credentials in the organization’s access control system, using one of its 30+ ACS connectors
- In ServiceNow, employees complete a COVID-19 attestation
- Upon completion of a symptom-free attestation, ServiceNow sends a message to braXos Steward, which is listening for ServiceNow messages using its REST Connector
- braXos Steward re-enables the employee credential, permitting physical access to the employee for the day
- braXos Steward sends access control events, such as the granting of access, to ServiceNow for enterprise-wide compliance reporting
Together, ServiceNow and braXos Steward form a powerful combination for enterprise IT. Using off-the-shelf braXos technology, ServiceNow can drive workflow automations involving HR, risk management, and security operations with physical access control, enterprise IT, and building systems, accelerating project delivery timelines and minimizing project cost.